Suit&Tie


The sheets that morning were as white as a ghost
she’d always abandon me when I needed her the most
The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long
But when something’s not right, it doesn’t have to be wrong

This one’s from the days before airbnb
when we used to be us, just she and me
When we were happy, young and stupid
and didn’t think at all that we’d end up wounded

We’d run away to strange places
to watch the moon go through its phases
We’d live in motels and hotels
we were a subset of rebels

She spoke passionately about motion pictures
we’d talk for hours about our favorite scriptures
the camera, the light
it’d keep us up all night

We’d always leave our TV on 
let music-videos play, dusk through dawn
I remember waking up one particular day
tired and spent from the previous night’s play

I can’t recall well, but I think it was May 
when we lay awake in bed with not much to say
The TV played a black and white song
I hummed a little while she sang along

David Fincher shot this video, she said
You have to watch his work, she plead
We spoke about the Fight Club and Seven
The Social Network and the Button

Whatever art she liked, I liked
we had many things in common that’d get us psyched
I wonder, late at nights, if forgetting me was easy
The girl with the dragon tattoo resumed playing on TV.